Saturday, September 17, 2011

Bedtime Prayers.

Tonight the girls had a friend over to play and they ended up having a hard time due to some little fights. Once they were in bed they both wanted to say a pray for their friend and for Daddy since he has been gone on a trip. Before they began their awesome prayers, they told me how they don't want to go to school anymore. I reminded them that going to school is a blessing and that they need to remember that other children in the world don't get to go and they would love to. They asked what did those children do then while they HAD to go to school. I have to admit I may have laid it on pretty heavy, but I believe this is accurate and they need to know the truth....I told them that some children have to get up really early not to go to school, but to go to work. They don't get to eat breakfast and they have really bad clothes and shoes that hurt their feet, but they still have to go to work because they help their family earn money so they can eat. They have to go collect heavy rocks in the hot sun and put them in a big bucket all day long. They got the picture and decided that school was kinda cool. Now begins the prayers:
(I ran to the computer afterwards so I could remember everything.)

BUG:
" Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for this day. Thank you that I had my birthday and got lots of squinkies and lalaloopsy stuff and I love them. And thank you that Macey gave me makeup. And on Monday I can put some on Mommy. Please bless that Daddy will get home safely and that Jackson will be our friend again. Thank you Jesus for our food and for our bodies. Thank you Jesus that you gave us a school to go to and not have to pick up rocks all day when it's hot outside. Thank you Jesus for your food. Please bless Quinny will have a nice day. Please bless that you, Jesus, will have a nice day too. We love you. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."

TRIS:
"Dear kind Heavenly Father, thank you for this day. Thank you for my family and for my healthy body. Thank you to give us Quinny and Dougy. Please bless Daddy will get home safely. And please bless Jackson won't be mean at me anymore. Please bless me not to get sick ever again because I don't like it. Thank you we don't have to work with the hot rocks and we get to go to school. Thank you to build a school for us. In the name of Jesus Christ..............um......um The End."

-mama

No comments:

Post a Comment